If you’re new to Ourglass, you’re probably wondering 1) what it is and 2) how do you get started?
Well, for the first question, you can find the overview video at Ourglass.live.
For the second question, it’s quite simple. There are only a few basic things you need to get started:
- A cell phone with either Android or Apple iOS software
- Reliable internet connection
- The Ourglass App which can be downloaded here
If you’re reading this, we assume you already know what you want to teach, that you have the essential equipment (e.g. you have a guitar if you teach guitar lessons) and that you have at least one person who is willing to pay you for a session. Professionals can invite clients or students directly after having set up the app on their phones.
There are bells and whistles that you can add to snazzy up your teaching such as:
- A high quality camera on your phone – this should be straightforward if you purchased a smartphone in the last few years!
- A solid lighting kit – we recommend starting simple with a ring light. A great lighting kit can make a big difference in the perceived quality of your video!
- An external microphone there is a great list herethat can enhance the sound quality of your session.
We’ll be posting more details on the above so stay tuned!